Friday, December 16, 2011

Where can I find people to help me program/design a game I have in mind?

I have a game in mind that I've been planning for quite a while now. I have nearly everything planned out. There would be no setbacks as far as I know. Now I just need to find people capable of/ interested in making this happen. I need designers and programmers. Where's a good place (via the internet) I can contact, meet, and team up with people skilled and experienced in these areas?|||How do you plan on monetarily compensating the people who do the development work for you?|||odesk.com|||%26gt;There would be no setbacks as far as I know.





Ha...you clearly don't know a lot about designing games! There are almost always setbacks of some kind, you have to be ready for them.





%26gt;Where's a good place (via the internet) I can contact, meet, and team up with people skilled and experienced in these areas?





Depends on the scale of the project you're planning. Some professional-quality game applications are produced by teams of amateurs in their spare time, but the great majority of them are still proprietary ventures. And proprietary means spending money, which means some kind of financial model. Do you have the necessary funding on hand to go ahead with this sort of entrepreneurship? If not, can you find investors? Ultimately, if you don't already have experience in game design and business, your best bet might be to pitch your idea to some established game development company, rather than trying to put together a new one of your own. In any case, rather than asking on Yahoo Answers, you might want to head over to some game development forum, or email professional game designers for advice.





Remember, just about everyone who has ever played computer games has an idea for one (or ten, or a hundred) they would like to make. Relatively few of them ever even get to write their own game. Even fewer manage to sell one. It's a harsh world out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment